Community Convos: Let’s Talk About Sleep
November 10, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm| FREE
Join our Expert Panelists:
Dr. Stuart Quan
Clinical Chief and Medical Director, BWH Sleep Disorders Service
Gerald E. McGinnis
Professor of Sleep Medicine
Dr. Olabimpe Omobomi
Sleep Medicine Physician, BWH
Dr. Rich Joseph
Medical Director of the Center for Community Wellness
Discussion Topics will include:
- Why do we sleep, exactly?
- The health risks of chronic sleep deprivation
- Common sleep disorders including insomnia and obstructive sleep apnea
- Sleep in the time of COVID-19
- Strategies to improve your sleep hygiene for yourself and your loved ones
For many, sleep has been a real casualty in the COVID era. I will be chatting with two colleagues from the BWH Sleep Medicine Center about the science of sleep, the health risks of sleep deprivation, health disparities in sleep disorders and treatments, and the interplay of sleep and stress.
Come join us for this conversation as we try to demystify sleep and learn strategies for more restful sleep in our busy lives in our stress-inducing world.
Please share this with your friends, families, and communities.
Come one, come all! And come with questions!