Community Convos: Real talk at the intersection of health, medicine, race, and community.
September 22, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm
We will be hosting a Community Convo this coming Tuesday 9/22 from 7:00pm – 8:15pm. In light of the tragic death of Chadwick Boseman, this convo is entitled “Let’s Talk About Colon Cancer.” Alongside two experts–Dr. Nadine McCleary and Dr. Nicolette Rodriguez–from BWH/Dana Farber, we will be exploring the ins and outs of colon cancer.
Topics of discussion include:
- Risk factors for colorectal cancer in average-risk adults
- Signs and symptoms of colorectal cancer
- Discussing the most up-to-date colorectal cancer screening guidelines and modalities
- Health disparities in colon cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Considering Chadwick Boseman’s tragic death from colon cancer
Time for Q&A from participants.